You need to have a Covenant Eyes username to install our software. Sign up today!
Before You Begin
- Compatibility: Covenant Eyes’ Windows software is compatible with Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10. To see if Covenant Eyes is compatible with your Windows computer, follow these steps.
- Administrator Profile: Covenant Eyes must be installed on the computer’s Administrator profile. Installing on a secondary profile may cause future issues.
- Antivirus (AV): Before installing Covenant Eyes on your Windows computer, turn off the computer’s AV program; you can turn the AV program back on after installation is complete. For full details about your AV, consult our Antivirus Troubleshooting Guide for Windows.
- App Recommendation Settings: Go to your computer’s app recommendation settings (pictured below) and set it to “anywhere.” This setting allows you to install Covenant Eyes from our website since our software isn’t available in the Microsoft Store.
Installing Covenant Eyes for Windows
Watch this video for steps installing Covenant Eyes or read the steps below:
- Then sign in to your online account with your Covenant Eyes username and password.
- On the left-hand side, select 1) the icon of the computer with the arrow pointing down and then 2) click the blue “Download Now” button.
- You will receive a prompt to run, save, or cancel the Covenant Eyes download file. Choose “Run.” Your download will then start automatically. (Note: Depending on your choice of web browser, you may only be given the option to save the file or cancel the download. Choose “Save,” then open the downloaded file.)
- Windows may ask if you want to allow the program to make changes to your computer. Select “Yes.”
- The Install Wizard will start automatically. Close down any extra programs you have running and click the “Next” button as it appears on the next few screens.
- At the end, click “Finish.” If you are prompted to restart, please do so to complete the installation process.
Updating Covenant Eyes
If you need to update your Covenant Eyes software, simply follow the process outlined above. In most cases, you will not need to uninstall your current version of the software. However, if you prefer to do that, or have been advised to do so by a member of our Member Care team, be sure to consult our directions for uninstalling Covenant Eyes.
Checking Your Version Number
Combined with your knowledge of installing Covenant Eyes for Windows, using the information below is an easy way to verify the installation/upgrade.
- Click the Hidden Icons arrow, which is near the clock on your computer.
- Click the eye icon (our logo) and a pop-up menu will appear.
- The version number is displayed near the bottom of our menu. You can also select “About Covenant Eyes” and a smaller window will display the version number.